Prasanna Deshmukh received his Ph.D. and M.Tech. degree in Astronomical Instrumentation from Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) & University of Calcutta in January 2021 & August 2013 respectively. He has completed his PhD Thesis on the topic Modeling, Simulation And Implementation Of Primary Mirror Control System For The Prototype Segmented Mirror Telescope. He has worked on ‘Development of Precision controller for TMT Actuator’ at ITCC laboratory of IIA for his master’s thesis. He also has a bachelor’s of engineering degree in Electronics and Telecommunication from Shivaji University, Kolhapur. He was a student of Integrated M.Tech-PhD in Astronomical Instrumentation at IIA, Bangalore, India between 2011 to 2017. Between Dec 2017 to May 2020 he was working as a Project Engineer at India - Thirty Meter Telescope Coordination Center at IIA, Bangalore and from June 2020 he is working as an Engineer - C at IIA Bangalore with the prime responsibility as Work Package Manager for India-TMT M1CS Actuators and Edge Sensors. His interest lies in telescope control systems, active optics, control system modeling & simulations, astronomical instrumentation & astronomy outreach.
1. Deshmukh, Prasanna Gajanan, Padmakar Parihar, Deepta Sundar Mishra, and P. K. Mahesh. "Dynamic Loading Assembly for Testing Actuators of Segmented Mirror Telescope." Journal of Astronomical Instrumentation, 2017. doi: 10.1142/S2251171717500064.
2. Deshmukh Prasanna, Deepta Sundar Mishra, and Padmakar Parihar. "Primary mirror active control system simulation of Prototype Segmented MirrorTelescope." In Control Conference (ICC), 2017 Indian, pp. 364-371. IEEE, 2017. doi: 10.1109/INDIANCC.2017.7846502.
3. Deshmukh Prasanna, Padmakar Parihar, Deepta S. Mishra, Ajin Prakash, and P. M. M. Kemkar. "A soft actuator for prototype segmented mirror telescope." In SPIE Astronomical Telescopes+ Instrumentation, pp. 991207-991207. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2016. doi:10.1117/12.2231172.
4. Deshmukh Prasanna, and Padmakar Parihar. "Precision controller for segmented mirror telescope actuator: Control and tuning." In Control Conference (ICC), 2016 Indian, pp. 245-252. IEEE, 2016. doi: 10.1109/INDIANCC.2016.7441135.
5. Deshmukh, Prasanna Gajanan, Amaresh Mandal, Padmakar Singh Parihar, Dayananda Nayak, Deepta Sundar Mishra. "Design, development, and validation of a segment support actuator for the prototype segmented mirror telescope." Journal of Astronomical Telescopes, Instruments, and Systems. 2018 Feb; 4(1): 014005.
6. Parihar, Padmakar, Prasanna Deshmukh, Annu Jacob, Varun Kumar, Abhishek Goudar, S. Sriram, S. Nagabhusan et al. "Prototype segmented mirror telescope: a pathfinder of India's Large Optical-NIR telescope project." In Ground-based and Airborne Telescopes VII, vol. 10700, p. 107001A. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2018.
7. Kamphues, F., L. Chen, D. Zhang, R. S. Yang, Josef Eder, Prasanna Deshmukh, L. Visser et al. "Warping harness actuator for the Thirty Meter Telescope primary mirror segments." In Advances in Optical and Mechanical Technologies for Telescopes and Instrumentation IV, vol. 11451, p. 1145150. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2020.